Our programs are designed around a 6-week, integrated program based on the STAMP wellness model founded by Dr. Adrianna Wilson. In addition to psychoeducation on various components of wellness, our program offers several core elements including:
- Individual therapy with a registered master’s level counsellor
- Group therapy facilitated by skilled group counsellors
- Psychoeducation on key areas integral to healing
- A range of physical activities such as:
- weight lifting
- mountain biking
- cross country skiing
- Integrated mindfulness classes that encourage skills to help bring attention to the here and now.
- A final, exercise combining all the elements learned during your stay, pushing physical and mental limits while learning to rely on others and be part of a group
These elements set the stage for total healing and change. You may not know what you’re capable of at the start, but you will amaze yourself at the end with all that you’ve accomplished!
Our program is based on a 6-week cycle. Occasionally clients may wish to extend their stay. We can’t blame them as the healing we watch is simply powerful. However, our goal is to support you in transition. From the time you arrive, we start working with you to support your goals and building that into your discharge planning.
If a refresher is needed, we are happy to find a space, but clients will be limited to 2 cycles within our program. Rest assured there will always be extensive out-patient, and supportive engagements beyond your stay at Nōmina.